Since the beginning of April, when the snow started to melt away, I have been observing the weeds, flowers and herbs on our campus.
Mevlana University campus spreads over a large area called Esentepe -correct translation can be “wuthering hill”(: . Although it is an arid and stony region, I was surprised by the variety of the weeds I have seen. I have noted most of the pasture herbs, and I will post all of them on this blog.
Here is the list (for now) with Turkish and English equivalents:
Latin Turkish English
- Anthemis Cretica -Dağ Papatyası- Anatolian Mountain Chamomile
- Centaurea hyalolepis-Peygamber Çiçeği-Knapweed, Cornflower
- Crepis foedita-Hindiba- Stinking hawk’s beard
- Hiareceum pannosum- ? – Hawkweed
- Onopordum acanthium- Adi eşek dikeni- common cotton thistle
- Senecio cilicius-Kanarya otu-?
View original post 151 kelime daha